Do you ever feel stress or anxiety from your loved one’s addictive behaviors? When was the last time you actually took time for your own healing? Maybe you forgot what it’s like to take care of yourself because you’ve always had to take care of other people. Or maybe you can’t remember the last time you allowed yourself to simply enjoy the environment around you.
This week, I am talking about the importance of loving yourself through the recovery process. Many families forget what it’s like to take care of themselves because they’ve undergone the stress of dealing with their loved one’s addictions. But I want you to know that how you show up for yourself is how you show up for others. Don’t forget to love yourself even in times of stress. The best thing you can do for your loved ones is to allow yourself time to heal and process through your own recovery journey.
- Why you need to take time for yourself to heal
- How to show up for yourself
- Reconnecting the family throughout a loved one’s recovery journey
- The importance of vacation time and self-care for the family
Connect with Mark Crandall, LMSW, LCDC
If you or someone you know is seeking freedom from addiction please visit www.addictiontreatment101.com or call (512) 200-8400 to schedule a free family consultation.
- Website: https://www.addictiontreatment101.com
- YouTube: (coming soon)
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/addictiontreatment101
- Email: email@example.com