Have you ever had to use the tough love approach when it came to a loved one’s behavior? Maybe you’ve tried different approaches but nothing seemed to be working when it came to providing care and the proper treatment.
This week, I explore the idea of tough love and when it is necessary. I have been asked this question numerous times and I want to address the reasons why tough love can be essential in familial relationships. Tough love can seem risque, but in the right light it can make a positive difference for your loved one’s future. As I share my experiences, I also discuss the topic of enabling and what that looks like for the family.
- Why tough love is essential in family recovery
- How to know when using tough love is necessary
- Understanding the root of enabling practices
Connect with Mark Crandall, LMSW, LCDC
If you or someone you know is seeking freedom from addiction please visit www.addictiontreatment101.com or call (512) 200-8400 to schedule a free family consultation.
- Website: https://www.addictiontreatment101.com
- YouTube: (coming soon)
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/addictiontreatment101
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org