Despite what you may have seen on T.V., true intervention doesn’t include interrogation and exploitation of the person’s addiction. There is a lot to unlearn and unpact about the process of recovery and true freedom.
This week, our guest Shelly Young, Co-Founder and Executive Director of FamilyRX, shares with us the importance of finding solutions that benefit the whole family as well as the dangers of false intervention teachings. We discuss how shows like Intervention do a poor job at depicting true freedom from addictions. Shelly also shares her own traumatic experiences that left her without the support she truly needed.
- How to identify false intervention tactics
- Discovering the dangers of capitalizing people’s trauma
- How to find solutions that benefit the whole family
- Understanding the exploitation of trauma and intervention
Connect with Mark Crandall, LMSW, LCDC
If you or someone you know is seeking freedom from addiction please visit www.addictiontreatment101.com or call (512) 200-8400 to schedule a free family consultation.
- Website: www.addictiontreatment101.com
- YouTube: (coming soon)
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/addictiontreatment101
- Email: email@example.com
Connect with Shelly Young
- Website: http://www.family-rx.org